Video Poker games follow the same concept as slot machines, but with the same winning combinations as poker. The objective of the game is to obtain the best possible hand with five poker cards.
The player must choose their wagering amount and the frequency on which they want to gamble. Following this, the player will then choose their cards and decide whether they want to keep or discard from their hand. Once this has been done, the second hand is dealt. The dealer deals the cards according to the number previously discarded by the player. The player must have five cards. This process of keeping/discarding cards happens just once during the game. The purpose is to obtain the best combination of cards possible in order to win higher payouts.
- Jacks or Better – The player only wins if he receives a pair of Jacks, Queens, Kings or Aces. A lower pair does not entitle him to any winnings.
- Double Pair – Two pairs of two different ranking cards.
- 3 of a Kind – Three cards with the same value.
- Straight – Five consecutive cards, but with different suits.
- Flush – Five cards of the same suit in any order.
- Four of a Kind – Four cards of the same value.
- Straight Flush – Five consecutive cards of the same suit.
- Royal Flush – Five consecutive cards of the same suit, starting from 10 and ending with Ace.